We have these urns, vases, and candleholders at Pottery Barn that I love and think would look great with flowers { images via Pottery Barn }:

The one in the middle is the one I'd like...otherwise, there are these pillar holders that I think would look beautiful with flowers dripping off the sides instead of candles:

I would love to do a centerpiece that isn't just one piece but a couple different pieces together like these tables:
This one is a little too girly...just note the setup

{ photo by Erin Hearts Court, via Once Wed }
On these tables (done by one of my favorites, Kate Holt at Flowerwild) there was a larger arrangement and then a smaller one.

{ photo by Josef Isayo, via Flowerwild Designs }
And still one of my favorite weddings...

{ photo by Steve Steinhardt, via Beth Helmstatter Events }
Some ideas of what I'd like for our flowers:
I really like the container for this one and definitely like the flowers used. Would like a little more flower though...

{ photo by Dia Rao Photography, flowers by Anne Mendenhall, image via Style Me Pretty }
Great colors in these, not a fan of the filler though.


{ photos by Denise Cregier, florals by BLUSH Floral Design, via Style Me Pretty }
Colors and the actual flowers aren't quite right, but I like the feel of this next one with the kinda mossy stuff.
{ photo by Jennifer Dery, florals by Annette Gomez, via The Bride's Cafe }
Just saw these as well that I really like! I think the colors are a great match too with the exception of that greenery.

{ photo by Michèle M. Waite via 100 Layer Cake }
So, although I got a pretty good feeling about her and that she would probably get what I was looking for, I think we're going to try and look around at other florists. The thing that worried Mr.'s mom was that she had heard that the florist had been having financial troubles. I just would hate to have a contract with her and then all of a sudden a few weeks before the wedding she is no longer in business.
So...the hunt continues.
awesome floral post!
ReplyDelete