04 July 2010

A Fourth of July Riddle

Here's a good one for ya:

What's red, blue, and white all over?

The answer?

Hopefully not me on my wedding day!!!

With 8 days left until the wedding, I've been working very hard to get rid of the cuts, bruises, and marks I get from my daily klutzy life. I have my 3x daily routine:

Neosporin for any cuts or scrapes

Neosporin

Mederma for the marks left by said cuts and scrapes (and the huge burn mark on my left hand from the oven in December)

mederma

Arnica gel for bruises

Arnica

Lots of stuff, right?? Just to make sure I'm not all black and blue and completely cut up. Should be enough to keep our photographer from spending even more hours photoshopping, right? Well, I'll share with you the letter I wrote yesterday.

Dear Mr. Poison Ivy,

Seriously?

-Me

Um, has anyone else been smart enough to do yardwork in a yard full of poison ivy 2 weeks before your wedding? Sigh. Yes, with 8 days to go, I now have a few beautiful spots on my left forearm and all over the back of my neck (thank goodness I'm not doing an up-do!). So now I add to the list:

Ivarest wash (for the shower)

ivarest

Ivy-Dry

ivydry

My stepmom says Ivy it's the best, so I'll let you know after the wedding how things went. Keep your fingers crossed!

{ images via drugstore.com; ivydry.com }

Dear Mr. Zit,

Wherever you're vacationing, I hope you're enjoying it! Please feel free to remain there for the next 9 days...I'll cover your bar tab!

Thanks,
me


Do you have any favorite remedies for poison ivy? Did you have any major skin issues right before your wedding?? If so, how did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment