02 June 2009

Things I Like: Ribbons

Ribbon is pretty. Since lots of ribbon is even prettier, I think weddings that use long, colorful, flowy ribbons hanging from trees, chairs, lights, and so on, are just fabulous. I am really liking how they are used in the photos below and love how I can almost feel the breeze just by the way the ribbons look like they're playing.

Ribbons on chairs:





































{ image via Style Me Pretty }












{ photo by Timothy Teague image via a small town bride }














{ chair decorations by Ariella Chezar image via Snippet & Ink }


{ photo by Jose Villa image via Design Sponge }










{ image via Green Wedding Shoes }

Ribbons in trees:































{ images via Snippet & Ink }





















{ image from Southern Weddings }

Ribbons, ribbons, everywhere!














































{ photo by Meg Smith image via Wedding Cabaret }


Or, ribbons AND flowers (Bougainvillea anyone?):













{ photo by her awesomeness, Punam Bean }














{ photo by Elizabeth Messina }

What do you think, do they remind you of...Medieval Times? Rhythmic Gymnastics? Or do you like them?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE all these pictures! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also in love with ribbons right now. Especially on the chairs. Ribbon was actually my first wedding purchase...I really want to do ribbons streaming from bamboo poles on the beach! I have a post planned for this also.

    ReplyDelete