I came across some photos of beautiful bougainvillea from Spain and then remembered this inspiration board from (where else?) snippet & ink.

Our venue has a lot of stone (a huge stone fireplace in the center of the room) so I'm definitely drawn to this board. It even incorporates those Moravian-style stars! I think it might be possible to incorporate some succulents into a feel like this too. What do you think?
So, Pennsylvania isn't blessed with the lush tropical climate in which bougainvillea grows. Am I crazy for thinking maybe, just maybe I might be able to find and drape a few somewhere for our wedding? And then there's got to be a way to make a garland like this real bougainvillea lei but instead out of tissue paper to hang from the ceiling beams:

{ image from alohakauai }
or use poms in similar colors:

{ image from PomLove on etsy }
And then there's always the pom napkin rings too:

{ image from Martha Stewart }
Or would that be too much pom? Don't want to make it too fluffy...
Also, if we go with this, I don't want it to be too matchy-matchy. Yes, I love that color, but I don't want to have "wedding colors" per say.
So, how do you think that will look with our venue?


{ images from our venue website }
Too much fluff with all the poms? Also, how do we incorporate succulents? Would it be too much stuff hanging from the ceiling to use the moravian stars too?
Edit 6.1: Of course after I saw this after I did this post, but how perfect is this Bougainvillea napkin ring!

{ image from Amy Nichols photo by Lisa Lefkowitz }
Also, I found these pretty flower twinkle lights on Everyday Beauty via Twig & Thistle
and tried to photoshop them to be more of a bougainvillea color.
LOVE moravian stars. i think if you hang them from the rafters with something else, they should be opposite sizes. little stars, big poms/lanters or big stars, little poms/lanterns.
ReplyDeleteand if you have lighted stars, you can use poms or the pom garland because then you won't need the lanterns.